The pageType for new Blogger Pages is 'static_page'

UPDATE: This article only has info on one pagetype. For all seven page types read 7 Blogger Page Types: Analysis, Code Snippets, Data Matrix.

Blogger's worst kept secret–Pages–has finally bubbled to the surface. First things first, the pageType is 'static_page.' Don't expect Blogger to update the documentation, they never do. It's wasn't hard to find the pageType, I've been working on a tool that takes the work out of this type of thing. I plan to release it to the Blogger community very soon.

If you try to leave a comment on static_page you get error bX-knqpxc. There's also an issue with line breaks. I wish I had more than 15 minutes to play around with this but I was in the middle of doing something else and got distracted. I only posted this because Blogger didn't. I searched Blogger's Help documentation and there's not a single mention of static_page.

I should probably stop bringing that up, I sound like a broken record.

6 Comments

PBC - #
January 28, 2010 at 1:37 AM
Thanks! I'm using expandable post hack. It's not expand also. Pls keep it in mind while fixing it.
Alain-Christian - #
January 28, 2010 at 5:35 AM
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?
PBC - #
January 28, 2010 at 5:46 AM
You wrote at "http://bloggerindraft.blogspot.com/"
Here's the The pageType for new Blogger Pages for anyone that's still looking.

I thought you are going to fix it or you have solution. So attracted attention towards problem which I faced.

Hoping this time I explained.
ewallpaperstock - #
May 26, 2010 at 4:08 AM
very useful this post and blogger2ools.mystady.com is awesome!!!!!!!!!!
Madalena - #
March 29, 2013 at 2:49 PM
ok so I'm fairly new to blogger and I was wondering if there is an option to jazz up the look of the button that is displayed on the main page??? oh and can you do a page with in a page with out doing a weblink? << that last part probably sounded really retarded = /
Alain-Christian Seraphin - #
July 19, 2013 at 10:42 AM
@Madalena
What button in particular? Well, if it's to a hyperlink there's near unlimited possibilities. You can style a link in so many ways the only real limit is your imagination. Gotta love the Internet!

Page within a page? You can do that with iframes but those are frown upon these days because they're a vector for phishing/hacking.