PSicture 1.02

"I made it because other 'similar' applications are a bit crappy (only a bit :D ), to say what I truly think."
- snailrush

His site is dead. He left the scene about two-three years ago. It's a shame because the guy made some really good tools in his day. PSicture is one of the many graphics rippers released for the PlayStation. PSicture is the best PlayStation graphics ripper you'll ever find. That's saying a lot seeing as how this program was released back in 2003. PSicture allows you to save a list file once you've finished scanning for data. Back when faster optical drives were more expensive this was a welcome feature. And it still is, why run the same scan the every time?

PSicture also has a plug-in architecture. Included in the zip file are plug-ins for four different image formats. snailrush released more plug-ins separately and I'll be sharing them soon. Unfortunately, I don't believe he ever released a guide on how to make these plug-ins. Then again, he might have, my memory is vague on this.

One should note that unlike a lot of other scene releases this tool is very well documented. snailrush clearly put a lot of thought into what he did. Neither the documentation nor the program look hastily put together. And that's not a crack at other scene releases, I'm just saying the hard work isn't go unnoticed.

PSicture is truly is a gift to the PlayStation dev scene.

download: PSicture 1.02

11 Comments

Anonymous - #
July 8, 2008 at 11:39 PM
Hey, aren't you the guy that used to run pixel bomb on Zophar several years back? That site was awesome.
Utils - #
July 9, 2008 at 9:30 PM
Yeah, I'm that same guy. I got kicked off Zophar for using my server space as temp storage for my hentai. I'm not even making that up.

It's not like I was sharing, it was just for my own personal use!

If you liked the pixel bomb content you can expect more of the same, AND BETTER!
Anonymous - #
November 24, 2008 at 1:30 PM
If you do have any of the extra plugins (besides the FF8 and FF1 (Origins) ones), do you still intend to ever put them up? I've been looking for the plugins on and off for the last year, and only ever find those two. Everyplace else just keeps referring back to the dead homepage.
Anonymous - #
March 30, 2009 at 12:00 AM
can anyone help me with the program???
i used this program to get something and my images turned out screwed up and i can't get the image to stay right! can anyone help me?? PLEASE????!?!?
Alain-Christian - #
March 30, 2009 at 4:54 PM
@Anonymous #2:
I'll look into my archives and see what I pull up. In fact I just put it on my to-do list. I have a LOT of things I wanted to upload but I'm not so sure if Blogger is the best CMS for it. We'll see.

@Anonymous #3:
What game were you scanning? If I have it I can try to replicate the issue.
Ultimecia - #
August 19, 2009 at 12:48 AM
If you don't have any host, you can try services like mediafire or ziddu to upload them
I'm really looking forward to see more plugins, specially improving the FFVIII's one
Anonymous - #
January 8, 2010 at 3:10 AM
where is snailrush now?
Joseph - #
November 5, 2010 at 2:42 PM
This comment has been removed by the author.
Joseph - #
November 5, 2010 at 2:44 PM
Sorry, I had a typo in my last comment. I've been trying to extract the images from ISO/Bin combos I've gotten off the internet. Must I either burn the item to a disc or mount the image before I can extract items from it with PSicture?
Anonymous - #
July 27, 2012 at 12:42 PM
I can view images of Digimon world 1 on PSicture but all the images either have lines of rubbish or all look totally screwed up. What do I do?
Alain-Christian Seraphin - #
July 12, 2013 at 4:31 PM
Can you show me an example, @Anonymous?